- EF Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22
- Planar Optical Design
- Floating Elements System
- Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Manual Focus Design, Macro Markings
- Anodized Metal Barrel, Rubber Focus Ring
- Weather-Sealed Construction
Pairing a normal-length perspective with an impressive 1:2 maximum magnification ratio, the Canon EF mount Milvus 50mm f/2M ZE Les from Zeiss features a floating elements design to ensure consistent image quality when working with both close and distant subjects. Based on the classic symmetrical Planar optical design, this lens is capable of achieving well-corrected imagery with controlled aberrations and distortions. An enhanced Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to significantly reduce ghosting and flaring for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in difficult lighting conditions.
Designed for macro applications, this lens' 1:2 maximum magnification ratio is benefitted by a 9.4" minimum focusing distance along with printed magnification scales on the barrel. Its manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. Additionally, Milvus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable frosted, anodized metal lens barrel surface along with a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust and moisture.
- This 50mm f/2 lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF mount DSLRs, and can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 80mm equivalent focal length
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also enables greater control over depth of field.
- Floating elements system maintains consistent performance when working with both close-up and distant subjects.
- Planar optical design helps to reduce chromatic aberrations, distortions, and color fringing.
- Enhanced Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating controls ghosting and flare for high contrast, color-neutral imagery.
- A maximum magnification ratio of 1:2 pairs with a minimum focusing distance of 9.4" and dedicated macro markings on the lens barrel for close-up shooting.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by laser-engraved focusing and depth of field scales, along with an IR position dot and hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- Weather-resistant construction includes internal seals to guard against dust and moisture as well as a blue sealing ring at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.
Focal Length: 50mm
Aperture: Maximum: f/2
Camera Mount Type: Canon EF
Format Compatibility: 35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
Angle of View: 45°
Minimum Focus Distance: 9.45" (24 cm)
Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 1:2
Filter Thread: Front: 67 mm
Dimensions (DxL): Approx. 3.19 x 2.96" (81 x 75.3 mm)
Weight: 1.61 lb (730 g)
Trade-ins are welcome!