- Push your DSLR to the limit with 2.9x normal zoom, 24-70mm* focal-length range and f/2.8 maximum aperture, to produce vivid, detailed resolution alongside natural blurring
- The addition of an aspherical ED glass element sets a new benchmark for image quality, supporting true-to-life shots where colour fringing is minimised alongside the correction of a variety of lens aberrations
- Nano Crystal Coat and High Refractive Index (HRI) lens elements ensure remarkable photography performance with minimised unwanted light effects such as ghosting and lens flare
- Powered by a VR system, which provides an effect equivalent to 4.0 stops** and the added option to shoot in NORMAL or ACTIVE modes, photographers are liberated with the freedom to capture action and moving subjects with or without a tripod, while enjoying the same effective image blur compensation
- Fluorine coating and repeated shock testing ensure durability and resistance to rapid temperature fluctuations and environmental conditions such as dust, water droplets, grease and dirt, allowing photographers to carry on shooting unhindered by the elements
- An elegant barrel design which provides a grip that sits comfortably in the hand, while an improved weight balance supports long-duration and steady shooting
The classic standard zoom now featuring Vibration Reduction image stabilization, Nikon's AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR Lens is a truly versatile wide-angle to short telephoto lens characterized by its constant f/2.8 maximum aperture and electromagnetic aperture mechanism. A revised optical design incorporates a unique aspherical extra-low dispersion element, in addition to three aspherical, two extra-low dispersion, and one high refractive index elements, to help reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range in order to achieve high image sharpness and clarity. The Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings further benefit image quality by reducing lens flare for improved contrast and color accuracy and fluorine coatings on the front and rear elements protect against dust, moisture, and smudging.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, a Silent Wave Motor AF system produces quick, quiet focusing performance that suits both stills shooting and movie recording which can instantly be manually overridden by simply turning the manual focus ring. Further contributing to photographing in fast-paced situations and difficult lighting, VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops. Additionally, an electromagnetic aperture mechanism is integrated into the lens design to provide greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with faster continuous shooting rates.The AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR from Nikon is an innovative lens designed to maximize performance with high-resolution full-frame cameras. Nikon combines a Phase Fresnel (PF) lens element with an Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass element to produce a reduced size lens that weighs in at 1.6 lb and delivers markedly clear imaging with virtually no chromatic aberration or ghosting.
Focal Length: 24 - 70mm
Aperture Range: f/2.8 - f/22
Camera Mount Type: Nikon F
Format Compatibility: Nikon FX/35mm Film
Angle of View: 84° - 34° 20'
Minimum Focus Distance: 1.25' (38 cm)
Diaphragm Blades: 9, Rounded
Image Stabilization: Yes
Filter Thread: Front: 82 mm x 0.75 mm Pitch
Dimensions (DxL): Approx. 3.46 x 6.08" (88 x 154.5 mm)
Weight: 2.35 lb (1070 g)
Trade-ins are welcome!