The Powerful All-Rounder
This moderate wide-angle focal length is one of the most popular lenses for rangefinder photography. The Biogon T* 2/35 ZM is the fastest lens in the Biogon family. It offers outstanding performance, distortion-free images and the fast f/2 aperture permits handheld photography under difficult lighting conditions. When stopped down, the lens accurately captures the smallest details, yielding images with very good contrast and ‘sparkle’. Combined with a digital rangefinder camera with a 1.3 crop factor, the lens has an effective focal length of 46 mm, similar to the standard 50 mm lens for film-based cameras. The Biogon T* 2/35 ZM is a favorite of photojournalists and an all around outstanding performer for almost any application.
- Excellent image quality. The range of T* Carl Zeiss lenses offers the highest possible standards in terms of performance, reliability and, of course, image quality. Quite simply, they are superior in every way. You can count on highly advanced flare control for crisp and brilliant images, for example. And virtually zero geometric distortion, ensuring precise accuracy when reproducing shapes – especially useful when photographing products and architecture.
- High-Speed Lens. Great low-light shots start with a great lens for your DSLR camera. A high-speed lens captures as much light as possible. A lens with a wide maximum aperture offers the best results in difficult lighting conditions.
- Smooth, precise focusing. Manually focusing a lens means controlling the image result from your fingertips. A good ergonomic design makes all the difference. The user-friendly focusing ring on ZEISS lenses with an ergonomic finger rest is perfect for fast, precise focusing. Changes are immediately visible in the viewfinder. The high-quality focusing mechanism moves smoothly without play, thus also supporting the intuitive interaction with the focal plane.
- Robust design. The mount and control elements of all ZM lenses are made of metal and are designed for decades of intensive use. The high-quality craftsmanship of the all-metal mounts, the easy-to-grip metal focus and aperture ring and the robust front bayonet and filter threads ensure an amazing photographic experience.
- Virtually distortion-free optics. Dramatic perspectives and a view from extraordinary image angles – SLR lenses from Carl Zeiss open up new composition possibilities. Distortion would disrupt the composition because straight lines, whose image does not go through the image center, would be reproduced with a curved shape. This annoying effect is accordingly and largely compensated through elaborate optical designs at all focal lengths.
||f/2 - f/22 (1/3 steps)
|Number of elements/groups
||0.7m - infinity
|Angular field* (diag./horiz./vert.)
||65 / 54 / 38 degrees
|Coverage at close range
||43cm x 65cm
|Image ratio at close range
||1 : 18
* referring to 35mm format
** dimensions and weight may vary according to the camera mount.
Trade-ins are welcome!