|This product is available for pre-order only|
A favored focal length among street photographers and journalists, the silver VM 35mm f/1.7 Ultron Aspherical Lens from Voigtlander is a standard wide-angle prime designed for use with both digital and film M-mount rangefinder cameras. The versatile focal length is complemented by the fast f/1.7 maximum aperture, which benefits working in a variety of lighting conditions and also offers enhanced selective focus control. The lens construction incorporates a single aspherical element to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions for increased sharpness and clarity, and the ten-blade diaphragm helps to achieve a smooth, pleasing bokeh. This manual focus lens permits focusing as closely as 1.6' away and depth of field and distance scales aid in pre-focusing and zone focusing techniques.
- Standard wide-angle prime lens is compatible with full-frame digital and 35mm M mount cameras.
- Fast f/1.7 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also enables greater control over focus position for selective focus applications.
- One aspherical element is incorporated at the rear of the nine elements, seven groups construction, and helps to limit chromatic aberrations and distortions.
- Manual focus design enables a minimum focusing distance of 1.6'.
- Coupled to rangefinder focusing mechanisms and supports working with 35mm bright line frames. Additionally, an optional auxiliary viewfinder is also available.
- Ten-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when working with shallow depth of field techniques.
- As part of Voigtlander's Vintage Line of lenses, this lens features a silver-colored brass finish to give it a classic appeal that is well-matched to classic rangefinder camera designs.
Focal Length: 35mm
Aperture: f/1.7 to f/16
Camera Mount Type: Voigtlander VM bayonet; compatible with all M mount cameras and adapters
Angle of View: 62°
Minimum Focus Distance: 1.6' / 50 cm
Optical Design: 9 elements in 7 groups
Diaphragm Blades: 10
Filter Thread: 46 mm
Dimensions: 2.1 x 2.0" / 53 x 50.9 mm
Weight: 330 g
Supplied with the lens hood.