Tamron's state-of-the-art lens design features an XGM eXpanded Glass Molded Aspherical)*1 lens element and eBAND Coating*2 for outstanding detail and performance from the center to the edges of the frame over the entire zoom range.
1. Superior, class leading imaging performance using an innovative XGM lens element. With an optical construction consisting of 18 elements in 13 groups, including, for the first time, an XGM (eXpanded Glass Molded Aspherical) lens element placed in the front group, and several Molded-Glass Aspherical elements and LD (Low Dispersion) elements used throughout the optical system, aberrations such as geometrical distortion and lateral colour are efficiently corrected enabling the zoom lens to deliver outstanding image quality throughout its entire zoom range from corner to corner.
2. Enhanced sharpness with exclusive VC image stabilization when shooting handheld in low light or at night. In response to popular demand, Tamron has created the world's first F/2.8 ultra-wide-angle zoom lens with VC (Vibration Compensation)*4. The VC allows shooting at slow shutter speeds and in low light conditions, and effectively compensates for minor camera shake, whilst maintaining class leading optimal performance.
3. eBAND Coating provides superior anti-reflection properties In addition to further optimizing Tamron's acclaimed BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) Coating, the eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) Coating has also been employed in this lens. This combination offers superior anti-reflection properties especially important in ultra-wide-angle lenses which are particularly susceptible to flare and ghosting due to their wide angle of view, and provides superior quality and crystal-clear images by minimizing unwanted light reaching the sensor.
4. Fascinating background "bokeh" throughout the wide-angle range due to its fast constant F/2.8 aperture. Utilizing its shallow depth of field at F/2.8, it enables users to capture beautiful bokeh effects even at wide coverage angles. Its advanced optical formula and 9-bladed circular diaphragm are designed with defocused photography in mind - perfect for creating images where subjects stand out from their natural, blended background
5. Proven fluorine coating utilizing Tamron's industrial lens expertise is used on the front element. Fluorine coating, with an established track record in Tamron's industrial lenses, such as those used in automotive cameras, has been applied to the front element. It repels water and dirt, and makes it easier to remove smudges.
- Focal Length: 15-30mm
- Maximum Aperture: F/2.8
- Lens Construction: 18 elements in 13 groups
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11in. (0.28m)
- Maximum Magnification Ratio: 1:5
- Filter Size: N/A
- Maximum Diameter: 98.4mm
- Length: For Canon 5.7in. (145mm) / For Nikon 5.6in. (143mm)
- Weight: 38.8 oz. (1,100g)
- Diaphragm Blades: 9 (circular diaphragm)
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Standard Accessories: Lens caps (push-on front & rear)
- DI - For digital SLRs with large sensors
Trade-ins are welcome!