This latest addition to the NIKKOR lineup features a large maximum aperture of f/1.4, enabling it to be used for easy handheld shooting in dark settings, such as a dimly lit room. It also allows photographers to easily create beautiful large blur effects. The lens’ Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures quick, quiet autofocus. Autofocus shooting is made possible with SLR models that do not have a built-in motor, such as the D40 series and D60.
The AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G is a high-performance large-aperture, single-focal- length lens especially suitable for professional and advanced amateurs who use Nikon FX-format cameras such as the D3 and D700, and frequently shoot human subjects as well as night landscapes and astronomy. What’s more, when attached to a DX-format SLR, this f/1.4 lens with 75mm equivalent picture angle is capable of shooting portraits with beautiful blur effects.
- AF-S 50mm lens — a fast, single-focal-length lens with normal picture angle (when attached to a DX-format SLR, the picture angle is equivalent to a focal length of 75mm in FX/35mm format)
- Large maximum aperture of f/1.4
- Well-balanced design realizes both high MTF performance and natural-looking picture blur
- Newly developed optical system effectively corrects sagittal coma flare and chromatic aberration
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures smooth, quiet AF operation
- Two focus modes are available — M/A (manual-priority autofocus) and M (manual focus)
- Focus ring does not rotate in AF operation
- Natural blur effects thanks to nine-blade rounded diaphragm
- Although all lens groups shift during focusing, the lens barrel length does not change
|Lens Construction (Elements/Groups)||8/7|
|Picture Angle with 35mm (135) format||46°|
|Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format||31° 30'|
|Closest focusing distance||0.45m|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.15x|
|Filter Attachment Size||58mm|
|Dimensions (approx.) (from the camera's lens mounting flange)||Approx. 73.5 x 54 mm|
|Weight (approx.)||Approx. 280 g|
|Supplied Accessories (may differ by country or area)||Front lens cap LC-58, Rear lens cap LF-1, Bayonet hood HB-47, Flexible lens pouch CL-1013|
Trade-ins are welcome!