Nikon’s unique High Performance long Zoom lens updated and improved - an FX-format compatible super telephoto zoom lens with Nano Crystal Coat and VR II vibration reduction system.
A successor to the AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G IF-ED, offering Nikon’s exclusive support for focal lengths from 200 mm to the super telephoto 400 mm.
- super telephoto zoom lens supporting Nikon’s exclusive range of focal lengths from 200 to 400 mm
- Coverage for a wide range of focal lengths enables capture of a wide variety of angles of view with a single lens.
- Nano Crystal Coat significantly reduces ghost and flare
- Built-in vibration reduction (VR II) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four stops
- ED lens elements (4) adopted for superior chromatic aberration compensation
- A/M (autofocus with manual override, AF priority) mode added
- The addition of A/M (autofocus with manual override, AF priority) mode prevents accidental switching from autofocus to manual focus. Along with M/A (autofocus with manual override, MF priority) mode, which enables manual focusing by rotating the focus ring while autofocus is operating, and M (manual focus) mode, this makes for a total of three focus modes.
|Lens Construction (Elements/Groups)||24 elements/17 groups (4 ED glass elements and Nano Crystal Coat)|
|Picture Angle with 35mm (135) format||12°20´- 6°10´|
|Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format||8°- 4°|
|Closest focusing distance||2m in AF mode (1.95m in MF mode) through the entire zoom range|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.27x (0.28x in MF mode)|
|Dimensions (approx.) (from the camera's lens mounting flange)||124 x 365.5 mm|
|Supplied Accessories (may differ by country or area)||Slip-on Front Lens Cap, Rear Lens Cap LF-1, Semi-soft case CL-L2 (with dedicated interior cushioning material), Dedicated slip-in filter holder, 52mm Screw-on NC Filter, Dedicated Lens Protective Glass (attached to the lens), Dedicated Lens Protective Glass care, Strap LN-1|
Trade-ins are welcome!