- L Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Four Aspherical Elements
- 11 Anomalous Partial Dispersion Elements
- AquaDura Coating on Outer Elements
- Stepping AF Motor and Linear Positioning
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Internal Focus, Non-Rotating Filter Ring
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Design
Offering a versatile wide-angle to portrait-length range, the Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm f/2.8-4 ASPH. is a fast standard zoom designed for full-frame L mount mirrorless cameras. The 18 elements in 15 groups lens construction incorporates four aspherical elements and 11 anomalous partial dispersion elements, which help to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range for notable image sharpness and clarity. The f/2.8-4 maximum aperture benefits working in a variety of lighting conditions and also offers greater control over focus position for working with shallow depth of field techniques. Designed for consistent performance at all focal lengths and focusing distances, the versatility this lens affords is well-suited to nearly any photographic application.
Complementing the imaging performance is an apt 3.5-stop effective Optical Image Stabilization system that minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions. A silent and precise autofocus motor also benefits both stills and video capture, and utilizes an internal focusing mechanism to quicken overall performance. This focusing design also prevents the front 82mm filter ring from rotating during use to better enable the use of circular polarizing or graduated filters. Additionally, this lens features Leica's AquaDura hydrophobic coating on the front and rear elements, to guard against moisture and smudging, and a fully dust and water-sealed design to protect the lens during use in inclement environments.
- Wide-angle to portrait-length 24-90mm L mount zoom is designed for use on full-frame mirrorless cameras, and can also be used on APS-C-sized models where it will provide a 36-135mm equivalent focal length range.
- The f/2.8-4 maximum aperture is ideal for working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over focus position for selective focus applications.
- Four aspherical elements and 11 anomalous partial dispersion glass elements reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range and increase image sharpness and clarity.
- A multiple-axis Optical Image Stabilization system compensates for up to 3.5 stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting with slower shutter speeds.
- A stepping motor with linear positioning offers smooth, silent, and precise autofocus performance for focusing as closely as 11.8" at the 24mm focal length position, or as closely as 17.7" at the 90mm focal length position. Only a single lightweight element is moved during focusing for quickened speeds.
- The water-repellent AquaDura coating has been applied to the front and rear optical surfaces to protect against moisture and other elements.
- Weather-sealed design protects against dust and moisture to benefit working in trying shooting conditions.
- Internal focusing design prevents the front filter ring from rotating during operation to better enable working with circular polarizers, graduated ND filter, or other types of filters dependent on a specific orientation.
Focal Length: 24 - 90mm
Aperture: Maximum: f/2.8 - 4
Camera Mount Type: Leica L
Format Compatibility: 35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor / APS-C
Angle of View: 82.4° - 27.8°
Minimum Focus Distance: 11.81" (30 cm)
Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 1:3.8
Image Stabilization: Yes
Filter Thread: Front: 82 mm
Dimensions (DxL): Approx. 3.46 x 5.43" (88 x 138 mm)
Weight: 2.51 lb (1140 g)