- 24MP Leica MAX Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Leica Maestro Image Processor
- Rangefinder with Image Field Selector
- 0.68x Optical Viewfinder Magnification
- 3.0" 920k-Dot LCD with Sapphire Glass
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- ISO 6400, 3 fps Shooting for 24 Frames
- Compatible with M-Mount Lenses
- Magnesium Alloy Body and Brass Top Plate
- Classic Appearance without Red Leica Dot
Marrying minimalist design elements with celebrated image quality, the black Leica M-P Digital Rangefinder Camera pairs a full-frame image sensor with the quality and tradition Leica's reputation was founded upon. Featuring a MAX 24MP CMOS sensor and Maestro image processor, the M-P realizes rich image quality with low noise levels and smooth color and tonal gradations. The sensor and processor combine to also avail a top sensitivity of ISO 6400, full HD 1080p movie recording and 3 fps shooting for up to 24 consecutive frames. Unique among digital cameras, this camera maintains Leica's preference for a rangefinder design and incorporates a 0.68x optical viewfinder with split and superimposed manual focusing, automatic parallax correction, and manual image field selection. Conversely, the camera also features a 3.0" 920k-dot LCD with sapphire glass covering to maintain the overall durability of the magnesium alloy and brass body. Distinguishing itself through unobtrusiveness, the M-P also carries the select designation of no front-facing Leica logos in favor of an engraved Leica script on the top plate.
As with past M-series cameras, the M-P retains the ability to utilize the vast network of M-mount lenses and is also compatible with Leica R-mount lenses via an optional adapter. When working in live view, and since focusing operation is entirely manual, focus peaking and 10x live view zoom can be utilized to ensure critical focus. An ergonomic body design places all of the necessary camera controls within reach during shooting, including top shutter speed and drive mode dials, as well as rear menu navigation buttons and selection dial located atop the thumb rest. The rugged metal body also integrated rubber seals throughout its design to render the M-P dust- and weather-resistant for sustained use in trying conditions.
- Leica M-P (Typ 240)
- Featuring a classic, minimalist appearance, the M-P has an unobtrusive design that omits the traditional red dot and front-facing 'M' lettering in favor of an engraved Leica script on the brass top plate.
- MAX 24MP CMOS Sensor and Maestro Image Processor
- Featuring a full-frame Leica MAX 24MP CMOS sensor, this camera is able to produce high-resolution still imagery and full HD video with marked image quality and low noise levels. When combined with the Maestro image processor, a sensitivity range of ISO 200-6400 is available, which can further be expanded to ISO 100 for working in brighter conditions.
This image processor also facilitates faster overall performance, and works in conjunction with a 2GB image buffer for longer sustained shooting sequences of 3 fps for up to 24 consecutive frames.
- Optical Viewfinder and Rangefinder
- The optical viewfinder is a large, bright-line 0.68x-magnification rangefinder with automatic parallax compensation and LED-illuminated frame lines, which are set to match the image sensor size at a focusing distance of 6.6'. On the front of the camera, a viewfinder frame selector can also be used to manually change the apparent image field to help visualize the scene with varying focal lengths.
The rangefinder mechanism displays split or superimposed bright field images within the center of the viewfinder to benefit accurate manual focusing control. The effective rangefinder metering basis is 47.1mm (mechanical metering basis 69.25 mm x viewfinder magnification of 0.68x).
- 3.0" LCD Monitor and Sapphire Crystal Cover
- Complementing the optical viewfinder is a 3.0" 920k-dot LCD monitor, which permits live view monitoring with the ability to utilize focus peaking and 10x zoom features to better ensure critical sharpness. Focus peaking highlights bright edges of contrast, in red, green, or blue colors, when they are in sharp focus, while the zoom control allows you to home in on fine details within the scene.
This monitor features a scratch-resistant protective cover made from sapphire crystal glass for added durability and protection. Furthermore, anti-reflective coatings are used on both sides of the covering glass for greater visibility in bright light conditions.
- Full HD 1080p Video
- Full HD 1080p video recording is supported, in both 24 and 25 fps frame rates. HD 720p recording is also available, as well as VGA 480p at 30 fps. A monaural microphone is incorporated into the body's design and features manual audio level control during recording.
- Body Design
- Reminiscent of classic Leica designs, the M-P features a metal body design with a magnesium-alloy chassis and brass top plate, which is accentuated by a synthetic leather wrap. Rubber seals are placed throughout the body to protect it from dust and use during inclement weather. Furthermore, the pared-down, ergonomic design allows direct access to necessary camera controls, including top shutter speed and drive mode dials and rear menu navigation controls.
- Other Camera Features
- Designed to accept all M-mount lenses, Leica R-mount lenses are also compatible through the use of an optional R to M adapter.
- A download version of Adobe Lightroom is made available after purchase, and is ideally suited to processing of the M-P's DNG RAW image files.
- Up to four sets of camera and exposure settings can be saved under a user-selected profile name and rapidly retrieved whenever required. For added convenience, these profiles can be saved to an SD card.
- Exposure Bracketing of 3 or 5 frames at 0.5, 1, 2 and 3 EV steps.
- Different film modes are available to refine the appearance of imagery, as well as saturation, contrast, and sharpening settings.
- Language support: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean
|Lens Mount||:||Leica M bayonet with additional sensor for 6-bit coding|
|Lens System||:||Leica M lenses, Leica R lenses with optional Leica R-Adapter M|
|Top Cover||:||Milled brass top cover with integrated thumb rest|
|Material||:||All-metal case made of die-cast magnesium; synthetic leather covering. Cap and base plate made of brass.|
|Image Sensor||:||LEICA MAX 24MP CMOS Sensor|
|Number of Effective Pixels||:||24 Million Pixels|
|Sensitivity Range||:||ISO 200 - ISO 6400 (Extended mode: 100-6400) , Auto ISO|
|Imaging Platform||:||Integrated imaging circuit with Leica Maestro® Image Processor|
|Electronic Viewfinder||:||Optional available, can be used for Live View and Play functionality|
|LCD Monitor||:||3" TFT Display with 920,000 Pixels, scratch resistant cover glass|
|Shutter||:||Dual type focal plane shutter for classic image exposure and Live view|
|Shutter speed||:||1/4000s - 60s (in Bulb), 1/180s flash synchronization|
|Self timer||:||2s / 12s|
|Storage Media||:||SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Cards|
|Image File Format||:||DNG (RAW data uncompressed or lossless compressed), JPEG|
|File Size||:||DNG approx. 20 Mbyte - approx. 30 Mbyte (compressed)/ 48.2 Mbyte (uncompressed), JPEG: Resolution and image content dependent|
|Available JPG Resolutions||:||5952px*3976px (24MP), 4256px*2832px (12MP)/ 2976px*1984px (6MP)/ 1600px*1080px (1.7MP)|
|Color Spaces||:||sRGB / Adobe® RGB|
|White Balance||:||Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shadow / Tungsten / Flourescent warm / Flourescent cool / Flash / Manual (Greycard) / Kelvin 2000-13100|
|Movie Recording||:||Single frame video compression (Motion JPG), Quicktime format (MOV)|
|Movie Resolution||:||1080p, 720p, 640*480 (VGA)|
|Movie Sampling Rate||:||25 fps, 24 fps, 30 fps (VGA only)|
|Microphone||:||Mono, stereo microphone adapter optional available|
|Audio recording||:||Auto level adjustment, manual level adjustment (available while recording), concert preset|
In classic viewfinder mode: Through the Lens (TTL) metering, center weighted with variable aperture. In Live View and advanced viewfinder mode: Through the Lens (TTL) metering, center weighted, spot or multiplied measuring.
Center weighted TTL for flash exposure with system conformant SCA-3000/2 standard flash units.
|Exposure Setting||:||Manual shutter speed setting with direct dial, A-Mode with direct dial|
|Exposure Modes||:||Automatic shutter speed (A-Mode), Manual Exposure (M-Mode)|
|Exposure Compensation||:||-3 EV to +3 EV, 1/3 f-stops|
|Exposure Bracketing||:||3/5 frames, 0.5 / 1 / 2 / 3 f-stops|
|Flash Exposure Control:|
|Flash exposure control metering||:||Control with center-weighted TTL pre-flash metering (with SCA-3501/3502 adapter, or SCA-3000 standard flash unit such as Leica SF 24D/Leica SF 58).|
|Hot Shoe||:||SCA-3502 compatible hot shoe, with center contact|
|Flash Synchronization||:||Optional triggered at first or second shutter curtain|
|Flash Synch Time||:||1/180s|
|Viewfinder / Focusing|
|Focusing Methods||:||Manual focus with optical rangefinder, Live View, 100% Live View Zoom, Live View focus peaking|
|Optical Viewfinder||:||Large, light bright-line rangefinder with automatic parallax compensation, LED illuminated frame lines.|
|Optical Viewfinder Framelines||:||Framelines size matches image sensor size at 2m focusing distance|
|Optical Viewfinder Correction||:||Eyepiece adjusted to -0.5 dpt. Corrective lenses from -3 to +3 dpt. available (optional)|
|Optical Viewfinder Magnification||:||0.68x|
|Optical Viewfinder Displays||:||In the viewfinder LED symbol for flash status (at bottom). Four-digit seven-segment LED digital display, brightness adapted to ambient conditions, for: Warning in case of exposure correction; display of automatic shutter speed in automatic mode; advisory indicating use of metering memory lock LED exposure monitor with two triangular and one central circular LED with manual exposure setting.|
|Rangefinder||:||Split or superimposed image range finder shown as a bright field in the center of the viewfinder image|
|Rangefinder effective metering Basis||:||47.1mm (mechanical metering basis 69.25 mm x viewfinder magnification 0.68 times)|
|Start up Time||:|
|Power Supply||:||Li-ion battery (included), 7.4V, 1800 mAh|
|User Profiles||:||4 Profiles, exportable|
|Sensor Cleaning||:||Dust detection, manual cleaning function|
|Tripod Thread||:||A 1/4 (1/4") DIN made of stainless steel in base plate|
|Dimensions||:||approx. 139 x 42 x 80 mm (5.5 x 1.7 x 3.1 in.)|
|Weight||:||680g ( 23.9 oz)|
|Operating Temperatures||:||0 °C to 40°C|
|Menu Languages||:||English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese|
|Accessories Included||:||Battery, Charger with power cables for EU & USA (different for some export markets), 12V charging cable, Carrying strap, Accessory port cover, Body cap|
|Software licenses Supplied||:||Adobe® Lightroom®|
|New Optional Accessories||:||Electronic Viewfinder (EVF-2), Multi-functional Handgrip M, Handgrip M, SCA Adapter Set for Multi-functional Handgrip M, Power Adapter for Multi-functional Handgrip M, Finger loop for Multi-functional Handgrip M, Size S / M / L, Leica Microphone Adapter Set, Leica M-adapter R, Ever-Ready Case M, Li-ion Battery BP-SCL2, Battery charger BC-SCL2|
|Trade-ins are welcome!|