Compact. Powerful. Enhanced.
50MP 43.8 x 32.9mm CMOS Sensor
- 16-Bit Color, 14-Stop Dynamic Range
- Hasselblad Natural Color Solution
- 0.87x 3.69m-Dot Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.6" 2.36m-Dot Touchscreen LCD
- Leaf Shutter System, 1/2000 sec Sync
- ISO 100-25600, Up to 2.7 fps Shooting
- Dual SD UHS-II Memory Card Slots
- Built-In Wi-Fi, USB 3.0 Type-C
Packed into the award-winning design of the first generation, the X1D II 50C continues to keep medium format photography portable with its compact build. Its upgraded electronic platform includes an enlarged 3.6-inch touch display and an enhanced EVF, a faster live view refresh rate, and an intuitive and even quicker user interface control. Connection via USB-C or Wi-Fi to Hasselblad’s Phocus Mobile 2 allows for the ultimate, on-the-go workflow from camera to iPad Pro. And with a huge range of high-quality optics to shoot with, including XCD, HC/HCD, XPan and V System Lenses, the creative possibilities are endless.
Hasselblad X System
Continuing to take medium format out of the studio, the Hasselblad X1D II 50C is a sleek and exceptionally capable mirrorless camera, characterized by its thoughtful design and powerful imaging capabilities. This second-generation X System camera shows a revised and enhanced feature-set designed to quicken performance and make overall operation even more intuitive and streamlined. At the core of the X1D II remains the large 43.8 x 32.9mm 50MP CMOS sensor, which yields high-resolution imagery with a wide 14-stop dynamic range, 16-bit color depth, and an ISO 100-25600 sensitivity range. This sensor utilizes Hasselblad's Natural Color Solution, too, which delivers realistic, pleasing color tones for great consistency and smooth tonal transitions. An updated electronic platform also enables a faster 2.7 fps continuous shooting rate as well as a faster startup time, reduced shutter lag and blackout times, and more responsive autofocus performance.
50MP CMOS Sensor
Revolving around a large 50MP CMOS sensor, measuring 43.8 x 32.9mm, the X1D-50c is capable of capturing an extremely wide dynamic range of up to 14 stops along with vivid 16-bit color depth. When combined with the Hasselblad Natural Color Solution, tonal transitions and skin tones show immense depth, detail, and clarity for lifelike image quality, even in dark shadow and bright highlight regions. To suit working in a variety of lighting conditions, a sensitivity range of ISO 100-25600 is available, and still files are saved in the Hasselblad 3FR raw file format or as JPEGs.
Working with the spectacular image quality of the 50MP CMOS sensor, the Hasselblad Natural Color Solution is designed to deliver images with the most natural color without needing to delve into a variety of presets. This system is also capable of creating imagery with exceptionally smooth tonal transitions that are reminiscent of analog film capture, which is thanks in part to the X1D II's 16-bit color depth.
Hasselblad Natural Color Solution
Working with the spectacular image quality of the 50MP CMOS sensor, the Hasselblad Natural Color Solution is designed to deliver images with the most natural color without needing to delve into a variety of presets. This system is also capable of creating imagery with exceptionally smooth tonal transitions that are reminiscent of analog film capture, which is thanks in part to the X1D's 16-bit color depth.
Hasselblad Central Lens Shutter
Able to accelerate to open and close exceptionally quickly and reliably while also using minimal power, the central lens shutter mechanism offers numerous advantages for photographers. Namely, flash sync is possible at all shutter speeds up to 1/2000 second. The shutter is also in a ready state at all times for near instant response and it causes virtually no vibration at longer exposures. Additionally, it is durable and rated to beyond 1,000,000 exposures.
- Large 3.6" 2.36m-dot (1024 x 768) rear LCD features a touchscreen design for intuitive control, menu navigation, and playback. The updated screen also has a fast 60 fps refresh rate for more fluid playback and the screen also supports autofocus point drag and drop placement and autofocus point size changes with pinch/spread finger movement.
- Enhanced 3.69m-dot (1280 x 960) OLED electronic viewfinder features a high 0.87x magnification for bright and clear eye-level viewing. The increased resolution benefits manual focus accuracy and the menu system can also be viewed through the EVF for more intuitive adjustment when working in bright conditions.
- Dual SD memory card slots both support the UHS-II protocol for faster read/write speeds.
- Built-in Wi-Fi permits wireless sharing of files as well as remote camera control. Additionally, Phocus Mobile 2 allows for a rich tethered shooting experience from an iPad Pro or iPad Air (2019).
- USB 3.0 Type-C connector can be used for file transfer, tethered shooting from an iPad, or for in-camera battery charging via a computer, charger, or power bank.
- Integrated GPS module can be used for recording location details to image files for geotagging applications.
- Distinctly ergonomic and stylish body design uses a milled aluminum alloy chassis with a clean surface finish and minimal number of buttons and dials for a more streamlined user interface. Additionally, due to the inclusion leaf shutters within the lenses, the overall body's design can be significantly reduced for a more compact and lightweight form factor.
Other Camera Features
- Updated electronic platform realizes faster overall performance, including a 46% faster startup time, reduced shutter lag and blackout times, as well as more responsive autofocus compared to the first generation X1D.
- Optimized for use with XCD series of lenses, which offer an integrated central shutter system, capable of sync speeds up to 1/2000 sec.
- Phocus Mobile 2, available for iPad Pro and iPad Air (2019), permits importing, editing, and rating of raw images as well as importing and rating full-resolution JPEG images directly on a tablet. Additionally, Phocus Mobile 2 supports full-resolution image export, tethered shooting, and direct camera control.
- Conventional computer-based tethered shooting is supported via the desktop version of Phocus.
Lens Mount: Hasselblad X
Camera Format: Medium Format
Pixels: 50 Megapixel
Maximum Resolution: 8272 x 6200
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Sensor Type: CMOS
Sensor Size: 43.8 x 32.9 mm
Image File Format: JPEG, RAW, TIFF
Bit Depth: 16-Bit
ISO Sensitivity: Auto, 100 to 25600
Shutter Type: Electronic Shutter, Leaf Shutter
Mechanical Shutter | 1/2000 to 4080 Second
Electronic Shutter | 1/10000 to 4080 Second
Metering Method: Center-Weighted Average, Spot
Exposure Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
Continuous Shooting: Up to 2.7 fps at 50 MP
Interval Recording: Yes
Focus Type: Auto and Manual Focus
Focus Mode: Continuous-Servo AF (C), Single-Servo AF (S)
Autofocus Points: Contrast Detection: 117
Viewfinder and Monitor
Viewfinder Type: Electronic (OLED)
Viewfinder Resolution: 3,686,400 Dot
Viewfinder Coverage: 100%
Viewfinder Magnification: Approx. 0.87x
Monitor Size: 3.6"
Monitor Resolution: 2,359,296 Dot
Monitor Type: Touchscreen LCD
Maximum Sync Speed: 1/2000 Second (Leaf Shutter)
Flash Compensation: -3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)
Dedicated Flash System: iTTL
External Flash Connection: Hot Shoe
Memory Card Slot: 2 x SD/SDHC/SDXC
Connectivity: USB 3.0, USB Type-C
Operating Temperature: 14 to 113°F / -10 to 45°C
Battery: 1 x Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 3400 mAh
Dimensions (W x H x D): 5.83 x 3.82 x 4.92" / 148 x 97 x 125 mm
Weight: 1.69 lb / 766 g (Body with Battery and Memory)
Display clearance stock!
Trade-ins are welcome!